The following is information about Bridgeway Elementary, it's staff and students. Find out why Pattonville is a great place to live and learn by looking through basic information and some of the achievements for which the district is noted.
Pattonville is fully accredited by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and has earned Missouri’s Distinction in Performance Award for academic performance - 11 consecutive years; Pattonville is the most diverse district in Missouri to achieve Distinction in Performance every year it has been bestowed.
2015-2016 enrollment (K-5): 448
Ave. years of teaching experience: 13
Staff with advanced degrees: 66%
Bridgeway is a community that challenges and inspires every-one to reach his or her potential. We are united and empowered to create a school where: all students demonstrate significant improvement in their understanding and application of the Show-Me Standards; all students are responsible citizens; parents and community members are involved; and everyone is assured of a safe environment.
Bridgeway is a school where students in preschool through fifth-grade benefit academically and socially from learning in a tight-knit neighborhood school with a strong family and community atmosphere. Our students thrive in classrooms lead by highly-qualified, collaborative and caring teachers with support from involved parents and community members. As the only elemen-tary school in Bridgeton, our community embraces our school and contributes to our positive school environment. Our parents and staff work hand-in-hand for the benefit of our students. Students also benefit from small class sizes, a consistent teaching staff, up-to-date technology and a focus on teaching students positive behaviors. We strive for academic success each day, emphasize service learning projects that support our school and community and work continually to provide a safe and secure environment for all Bridgeway Bulldogs.
• During school: Bridgeton Kiwanis K-Kids, Bridgeway Broadcasting Club, Reading Buddies, volunteers from the Bridgeton Kiwanis, Airport Rotary and OASIS tutoring program who work with students
• After school: Computer/Art Club, Bridgeway Bulldog Soccer Club, Arts and Crafts Club, Cheerleading Club, Book Club and Read, Right, Run
• Family Activities: Family Fluency Reading, Science Fair/Literacy Night, Music Concerts, Bridgeway Art Show, Family Book Fair, ELL (English Language Learner) Dinner, Bingo Night, Family Fun Festival, Trunk or Treat, Bridgeway Bulldog Book Bunc h,Grandparents’ Day and Back to School Jam
• Bridgeway continues to participate in the Single Stream Recycling Program and recycles all of its breakfast and lunch materials. Bridgeway students and staff continue to do their part to “Go Green!”
• Bridgeway received a PBIS Bronze Award (2014).
• Bridgeway was in the Top 11% of best elementary schools in Missouri and ranked no. 1 as the most diverse public elementary school in Missouri according to Niche (2016) with 15 countries represented.